Thursday, November 5, 2009

MORE CRAFTINESS!

Over the weekend I popped into the Devonport Craft Market to say hi and have a look around. I met some of the new vendors for Crafternoon-Tea such as Kylie from Skipapple and of course I couldn't resist purchasing one of wonderful necklaces, she had such an amazing range that it took me 10 minutes to choose! Here's what I bought:



Wandering around I met Mel from Black Swan Designs, her creations are truly amazing and I'm gutted that she doesn't live here in Auckland, having made the trip up from Christchurch. However, you can buy her stuff online and I've already convinced two of the ladies from work to buy some of her necklaces! The one I bought is pictured below. Mel has promised to try to come back and visit Crafternoon-tea next year, YAY! Next to her was Lucy from Felt, another wonderful lady with such a clever idea, she'll also be back next year and is a valued supporter of Crafternoon-Tea, you can find a whole host of New Zealand's crafty people selling their goods on her website, check it out!

All this craftiness has motivated me, so here's a sampling of what I've been up to lately: felt and hand embroidered hair clips, super cute and really easy to make, I'll be creating a whole lot more of these for the next market!
MONSTERS! I drew one and it just took off into a little family, I think I'll make a few more. I love this little guy the best because he just looks so worried!
This guy just looks like he's having a good time! The monsters are all brooches by the way!
Looking a bit crazy here, could be why the other guy looks so worried!
This guy is the first one that I made, so I have a bit of a soft spot for him.
Here's the whole gang just hanging out!
KIWIFRUIT! The large kiwi is a brooch and the little kiwi is a ring. I had such a positive response to these when I wore them out on the weekend, that I've made a whole fruit salad's worth for the next market. I'm also attempting to make some earrings too.
Here's the brooch.
So I'm currently crafting like mad trying to build up stock before the next market, but I keep getting distracted with school reports and organising the coming Crafternoon-tea and Christmas Crafternoon-Tea. All very exciting! I'm thinking about making some christmas ornaments, but might leave those til after the November market. There's just not enough hours in the day!

Luisa :-)

2 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE YOUR MONSTERS! You are a wonderfully talented lady and it's so good that crafternoon tea is getting such support.
    I am wearing the pendant I bought from Kylie at Devonport and another skipapple design is winging its way to my niece in the UK courtesy of FELT. Auckland crafting rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Luisa. I have tried to send your Christmas ornament swap group details to your live.com email address but it bounced. I found your hotmail address on your blogger profile, so have forwarded the message there instead. Let me know if you don't receive it and I will try again.
    Cheers
    Louise (Twenty Cent Mixture)

    ReplyDelete