Monday, October 26, 2009

A CRAFTY WEEKEND!

It's been a long weekend, literally, with today being Labour day and all the hopes of creating lots of new pieces went out the window! Instead I celebrated some friend's good news, (they bought a house), got my haircut by my friends fiance (free!!!) and went to Kraftbomb.
Kraftbomb was great, quite busy, I spent lots of money, saw lots of stallholders from Crafternoon-Tea and met a lot of new stall holders for the next Crafternoon-Tea.

I also bought some wonderful old cases off Trademe, which I intend to use as part of my stall display.






Here's what I bought at Kraftbomb on Sunday.
A Huia brooch from Birdspoke, a gorgeous little owl necklace from Lily's Make Believe, a ring and two brooches from Cheek Pinchy.








The squirrel is a cute little ring and the owl is a brooch. Cheek Pinchy had so many wonderful things on display, that I had a hard time choosing! Good job she'll be at the next Crafternoon-Tea so I buy even more wonderful things!













Super-macro! I love this little guy! I'm going to have to think of an appropriate name for him!
















I'll definitely be wearing him to work tomorrow! I don't know how Olivia from Lily's Make Believe does it! These guys are tiny and it must take her ages to make them. She also makes amazing framed Where I Belong framed maps, which I am so buying at the next Crafternoon-Tea! Check out her blog, www.lilysmakebelieve.blogspot.com





For those that don't know me, I have a thing for NZ birds and I have a large tattoo on my arm of Huia birds, so when I saw this brooch I couldn't resist! Very cool from Birdspoke, who also make framed prints, bunting and plushies.













Here are my weekend purchases off Trademe! The two littleish ones on top cost $10 together, and suitcase on the bottom was only $5.50! I love Trademe! The idea, if it works, is to somehow incorporate these into my market display, meanwhile they're great storage for my bits and pieces and look great in the house!










THE THREE NINJAS!












I whipped these little guys up on the weekend and I love them! They're little brooches and will be for sale at the next Crafternoon-tea.













Here's a label that my ever clever partner and graphic designer extraordinaire created for me!











This is a cuff that I attempted to make, it's all completely handsewn, although I probably could have saved myself a lot of time by using the brand new sewing machine I recently bought (which I really don't have any idea how to use!!!).
It's slightly too big for a child's wrist and could probably even be a bit smaller for an adult, it fits a mans wrist quite well however, I can't really see any guy wanting to wear this though!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Luisa,

    Your ninjas and my ninjas need to get together! I am still perfecting mine, the arms are abit square and the eyes need to be lower but I am loving making them.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. Can't wait for the next Crafternoon tea! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ninjas could wear my ninjas as brooches! They can meet up at the fair!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm famous! :) Thank you Luisa. And I am always thinking the same about your things, 'These guys are tiny and it must take her ages to make them.'

    xx

    ReplyDelete