Monday, October 19, 2009

ABOUT TIME!

Well I thought it was about time that I got my own blog up and running! I've managed to keep the Crafternoon-Tea blog up to date, so no reason I can't do the same here.
The first ever Crafternoon-Tea market happened on the weekend and it went off without a hitch, although I have learnt what not to do and what to bring! Somebody should create a checklist for organisers of craft markets, perhaps that's something the clever ladies behind the Auckland Craft Collective could do?
After seeing all the wonderful crafts over the weekend, I'm now even more inspired to create more items. This was my first real craft fair, so it was surprising to see what crafts of mine people chose to buy, it also taught me to have a bit more faith in myself and my pieces, as I opted not to bring a lot of my stock, and then promptly sold out of what I had brought!
I loved wandering around the market and seeing what other people had done, so many visitors commented to me on how nice it was to come to a market that had such a variety, no two stalls were the same.
I don't think people have quite grasped yet just how much 'craft' and handmade items have changed in recent times, I guess that's partly one of the reasons I started up Crafternoon-tea, hopefully with all these wonderful markets now around in Auckland, people will start to realise just how talented and creative people are.
Luisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment