Tuesday, October 20, 2009

BROOCHES!

With the next Crafternoon-Tea fast approaching I really need to get a move on and start making more things! My problem is that I keep getting distracted with all the wonderful, crafty blogs out there, that I never end up making anything! On top of that, it's school report time! Eeek, that will undoubtedly be another nightmare! This year I'm going to try and keep things separated and not bring home any school work to do (yeah right!), and keep my evenings free for all things crafty.
My new obsession is felt and all the pretty fat quarters at Spotlight! So, I'm trying to incorporate them together and I've been making brooches and necklaces, I'd like to attempt something in the way of bracelets and earrings, but haven't quite figured those out yet. Anyway, here's a sample of what I've been working on:




I'd like this one to eventually be a necklace, but I haven't quite worked out how to finish it yet, I'm thinking blue ribbon? Which would mean another trip to Spotlight. What a shame!


You'll have to excuse the quality of the photos, my camera ran out of batteries, the charger is at a friends house, so I'm using my phone! Terrible I know!
Button, fabric and felt brooches. I'm keeping them as is, I kinda like the rough and ready look.

These skull brooches have proven quite popular, especially with my students!
My seagulls! At least, that's what they're supposed to be! I don't know why, but these little guys have really taken my fancy, I might have to do a whole range of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment