Sunday, April 25, 2010

NEW CREATIONS!

Meet Ottavio! Ottavio is a very nervous little guy, with wide eyes trying to watch everyone at once. He needs some little octo friends to keep him company and listen to his worries!

He's my very first little Octopus. I intend to make a whole range of them and then try to make a baby mobile out of them too. The only downside is just how long it takes to make each one! I'd like to try and experiment with different sizes too, I think a large one would look quite cool!

Introducing Rodolfo! Rodolfo is a cheeky little wolf, who likes to sneak around teasing poor Little Red Riding Hood by stealing her cape and wearing it! He thinks he looks quite dashing and isn't sure he wants to give it back!


I've also been experimenting with my hair clips. I've got a penchant for pinwheels, so tried to create a few fabric hairclips.


Here are some smaller ones in different colours.



Some fire engine red ones too. I'd like to make some brooches, rings and hair bands out of these too. I'm attempting to make a variety of different bunting and thought pinwheels could look quite unusual too. What do you think?


Here's a sample of my felt rosette hairclips, I make these in a variety of colours as well as in rings too.
There are lots of other things in the works for Little Bird Designs, including bunting with a twist, Parties in a Box as well as an update on my proposed Craft Domination!

Most of these items will be listed on my Felt store soon, so check back often!

Little Bird :-)

2 comments:

  1. ooh, I love that octopus! and i can imagine he took like 2 hours to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the octopus is fabulous! I have a query though... Rodolfo... Is the absolute spitting image of the hooded wolf in the book Felties by Nelly Pailloux. Is there where you got him from? I only just had it in my hands a couple of days ago from the library. Did you do the basket as well?

    ReplyDelete